Another muggy day in Hawkesbury. At noon, lunch -- including a batch of French fries -- is on the stove. The family pet, a large dog, happens to brush past the stove. The pot of hot oil spills onto the floor. Within seconds, the house is an inferno. Police have to force a neighbour to leave. The fire fighters battle the blaze for the rest of the day. Fortunately, nobody was hurt, the dog got out safely, and the house across the street, perhaps with some intervention from the Blessed Virgin Mary, sustained only minor damage to the vinyl siding.
And then the rain came, again.