Monday, June 14, 2010

Wonderfully wicked







They say you are wicked, and I believe them for I have seen your painted women under gas lights luring farm boys...



That lad Card Sandburg had a way with the words, eh?



Ronna and I spent the weekend in Chicago, our kind of town, for a double celebration -- her milestone birthday and the Hawks' long overdue capturing of the Stanley Cup.



We arrived downtown in time for the aftermath of the parade and rally.



We discovered that even at the Art Institute, hockey fever had gone to the heads of art lovers.



And we vowed to change the medication after checking out the Cloud Gate, better known as The Bean.



A good time was had by all.



2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Your timing could not have been better. Chicago "en fĂȘte" is at its best!
Both your posts made me re-live some great memories!
Must go back...I have not seen the bean yet!

Jack D'Mestiere said...

Go Hawks